Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative (“CMEEC”) is a public power entity that provides electric services to several municipal utilities and participating wholesale customers located in Connecticut. CMEEC was established in 1976 as a publicly directed joint action supply agency. Member owners are the Cities of Groton and Norwich, the Borough of Jewett City, South Norwalk Electric and Water, and the Third Taxing District of the City of Norwalk. Bozrah Light and Power Company and the Mohegan Tribal Utility Authority are participating utilities.
The Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative (CMEEC) is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Risk Analyst within the Risk Management department. This individual will perform essential analytical and risk assessment functions to identify, measure, control and report key risk issues and mitigating factors within CMEEC’s operational or enterprise activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Gathers and analyzes company statements; industry, regulatory and economic information; new government legislation; and periodicals and newspapers.
· Interprets data.
· Summarizes data describing current and long-term trends pertinent to business.
· Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, to illustrate trends, future payoffs, and possible risks of various business opportunities in area of expertise.
· Maintains spreadsheets detailing performance.
· Recommends modifications to management's policy.
Specific duties, including but not limited to:
· Risk assessment and oversight of energy transactions, including confirmation of new energy transactions
· Risk assessment and oversight of financial transactions activities
· Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) policy development and facilitation for revision and approval
· ERM subject matter expert internally and externally
· CMEEC internal risk management committee oversight and lead facilitator
· Operations and risk assessment auditing and compliance reporting internally and externally
· Development of appropriate metrics, tools, business processes, and cultural characteristics appropriate to proactively manage risks / reward
· Process improvement identification, redesign leadership, and change management initiatives directly managing risk and risk compliance
· Developing processes and procedures for compliance in operations to the ERM, with special focus on highest risk matters such as hedging practices, commitments to price, etc.
· Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred undergraduate degree in Energy, Business, Finance or similar areas of concentration
· Strong verbal and written communications, and ability to write reports and effectively present information
· Strong analytical, interpret written data, reasoning, and mathematical abilities
· Knowledge of MS Office suite software with proficiency in Excel and Web Browsers.
The Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative is located in Norwich, Connecticut.
CMEEC offers challenging positions, competitive total compensation and comprehensive benefit plans to qualified candidates.
CMEEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
CMEEC is keeping pace with today’s shifting electric energy industry and helping our members, customers and communities do the same. As Connecticut’s municipal power cooperative, we are a cohesive group working on behalf of local citizens to provide lowest cost, reliability and financial stability.
We invite you to get to know CMEEC and the important role we have in the region’s energy future.
Electricity is an important lifeblood for the communities, citizens and businesses served by CMEEC utilities. Our team works with and for municipal officials to ensure safe and smooth power supply operations, and we serve as the regional interface responsible for all power supply-related requirements.
CMEEC supplies power and related electric services to municipal utilities and other wholesale customers that, in turn, provide electricity to roughly 70,000 residential, commercial/industrial and small business customers across the state.
CMEEC envisions a secure energy future for the customers and communities we serve. Our mission is to enable municipal electric utilities to be the providers of choice through a diverse, stable, predictable, integrated portfolio of generation, transmission, energy efficiency and load management resources that maximizes the competitive position of Connecticut’s municipal utilities in the retail electric market.
30 Stott Avenue
Norwich, CT 06360-1526